Below are the names of the soldiers whose stones we will carry on our hike. The Summit Project asks that each hiker become familiar with the story of the soldier whose stone he or she will carry. Please learn the story or the honored heroes in advance of the hike. Click on the name of an honored soldier below to experience his or her story.
After choosing a soldier whose stone you wish to carry, please email Rachel Davis with his or her name. (If a stone has already been reserved by a hiker, you will see a notation next to his or her name below.)
- Marine Sgt Kevin B. Balduf (reserved)
- Army Spc. Beau R. Beaulieu (reserved)
- Army Capt. John “Jay” R. Brainard, III
- Army Spc. Justin L. Buxbaum
- Army CPT Christopher S. Cash (reserved)
- Army SPC Cassandra Lee Cassavant (reserved)
- Army Spc. Thomas J. Dostie
- Air Force SrA Dustin J. Hadfield
- Army Spc. Dustin J. Harris
- Army Cpl. Andrew L. Hutchins
- Army Sgt. 1st Class Michael D. Jones
- Army Staff Sgt. Dale J. Kelly, Jr.
- Marine Maj. Samuel C. Leigh (reserved)
- Army Pfc. Buddy W. McLain (reserved)
- Army CPT Kevin D. Oulette
- Army Sgt. Lynn R. Poulin, Sr.
- Navy LT Jerry R. Smith
- Army Sgt. Jason W. Swiger
- Army CPT Daniel J. Tranchemontagne (reserved)
- Army Staff Sgt. David M. Ververka
Once the hike is completed, The Summit Project asks that you write a comment to the families of the fallen on his or her page linked to above within two weeks after the hike. Thank you so much for your participation, and for keeping alive the memories of these extraordinary fallen heroes.
Return to The Summit Project page.