Wednesdays, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.:
- Give yourself an intentional pause for nourishment and reflection. This is not selfish! In fact, it allows you to better nourish the people and places you love.
- Practice specific exercises based in nature and neuroscience that increase calm, resiliency, compassion, connectivity and appreciation.
- Discover deeper connections with the natural world (yes, even during colder and darker seasons).
- Enjoy the camaraderie of a group of folks curious about well-being and nature.
- Expect opportunities for experiential practice, individual reflection and sharing within the group.
- Although sessions will build on each other and your practice will be deepest if you can attend all 4, please feel free to sign up even if you know you need to miss one. All registrants will receive a written summary of at least one of the exercises introduced during each session.
About Corie Washow
Corie Washow, LCPC-C, MSEd, has many years of experience and training in both social services and environmental education. In the past few years, she figured out how to combine the two by providing clinical mental health counseling with an ecotherapy foundation at Elemental Counseling in Freeport. Her office is on a tidal river and near several publicly accessible trails, all of which are deeply appreciated locations for working with clients. Corie lives in Durham with her partner, dogs, gardens, and countless wild creatures.
Both science and experience tell us that when humans are in relationship with the rest of nature, there are positive impacts. Stress and anxiety go down. Connectedness, awe, creativity, and wonder go up. The planet benefits from gentler and more respectful human action. Interaction with nature is always possible, even now, when so many things that once seemed certain are out of reach. Ecotherapy (reciprocal healing in relationship with the natural world) can help you and the earth move towards balance. Ecotherapy has a strong hold in parts of Europe and the West Coast of the US, but is in its infancy in our area. No experience or special skills necessary, just a sense of curiosity.
Please join us by registering below!